Maximizing Protection with Regular Slotted Container Design
Regardless of your industry, the reputation of your business relies on your products arriving at their final destination intact. In most cases, this comes down to your packaging solutions. Whether custom or standard, your packaging should be lightweight and effective while also exhibiting the protective properties and impact resistance required to keep your products safe during shipment and storage. While there is a wide range of possible solutions out there, especially in corrugated materials, regular slotted containers stand out as a cost-effective solution that meets and often exceeds these criteria. Regular slotted container design lends itself well to structural strength and efficiency.
What are Regular Slotted Containers?
Regular slotted container design could be the poster child for elegant simplicity. Regular slotted containers, or RSCs, consist of flaps and panels that can easily be folded to create a protective container for your products. The arrangement of these flaps and panels, alongside strategically placed score lines and perforations, work together to create a container that is easy to assemble and close.
In regards to packaging and shipping, the regular slotted container design streamlines the process of getting your product out the door. By decreasing this time to delivery, your customers can receive their orders faster. Not only does this have a direct impact on customer satisfaction, but it also increases the likelihood that your customers will make more purchases in the future.
For these reasons, RSCs are widely used in a variety of industries, including:
- E-commerce and retail — Regular slotted container design is perfect for shipping products to consumers. Whether you’re shipping clothing, cosmetics, electronics, or home goods, RSCs offer a secure and cost-effective solution that can accommodate a wide variety of products.
- Food and beverage — RSCs are a popular choice for shipping packaged food items in bulk, including meat, beverages, and even perishable goods like fruits and vegetables. Strong and stackable, RSCs ensure safe product transport even cross-country.
- Manufacturing and industrial goods — Because regular slotted container design has been engineered to handle substantial weight and protect against impact and vibration, manufacturing and industrial-based businesses rely on them to ship and store everything from heavy machinery to delicate machine components.
- Electronics — Electronics are fragile products that require sufficient cushioning that can absorb shocks during transit. That’s why RSCs are often a go-to for transporting these products.
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare — During the shipment of pharmaceuticals, healthcare equipment, and medical supplies, maintaining product integrity and preventing contamination are absolutely vital. RSCs, particularly those made from corrugated, are excellent solutions due to their protection against both physical and environmental dangers.
- Automotive — Because RSCs offer both strength and customization in size, they’re ideal for shipping a wide variety of automotive parts.
Benefits of Regular Slotted Container Design
Structural Integrity of Regular Slotted Container Design
The structural integrity of regular slotted container design is due in large part to the superior strength properties of corrugated material. Corrugated consists of multiple layers: an internal layer of fluted or corrugated material sandwiched between two liner boards. This construction offers a deceptive level of strength, protection, and durability.
You can even customize the flute sizes to suit your load-bearing needs. Flute sizes range in thickness from A to F. A is the thickest. It offers the most cushioning and is also the most stackable option, as it has a high level of vertical compression strength compared to the thinner options.
Regular slotted container design has also been engineered for maximum impact resistance. Flap and panel strength, for instance, contribute to the container maintaining its shape during shipping and handling. Packaging providers will also conduct edge-crush tests and burst strength evaluations to guarantee that the box can withstand varying levels of pressure.
Increased Space Efficiency
Regular slotted container design also provides a great deal of space efficiency, which is a valuable asset in a world where logistics are increasingly important and volatile. RSCs optimize storage and shipping by allowing multiple containers to be packed closely together.
Not only does this minimize wasted space but it can also help reduce the carbon footprint that is often associated with supply chain transportation
In terms of cost savings, regular slotted container design is an exceptional solution. RSCs efficiently utilize materials for less waste during production. The space optimization mentioned above also translates to reduced shipping expenses. Overall, they are an ideal solution for businesses looking to balance budgetary constraints with packaging quality.
Get Customized Regular Slotted Container Design Solutions with Axis
At Axis Corrugated Container, we offer regular slotted containers as well as a wide variety of other packaging solutions. Whether you’re looking for standard brown box or customized corrugated packaging, we can provide you with packaging solutions that fit your exact needs. Between our commitment to next-level customer service, our custom design and printing capabilities, and our JIT-shipping and VMI services, we’re uniquely positioned to meet any packaging challenges you might be facing.
Do you need a reliable packaging partner in the eastern half of the U.S.? Connect with us today and tell us what you’re looking for.